PKI 1100 is a complex data Interception Management System for the security and control of a country and its use is only allowed with the authorization by the security agencies. For intelligence services, the PKI 1100 Interception Management System is indispensable. Recorded data are analysed, processed and saved. For the monitoring of suspects, there is no better way to obtain information about their communication in compliance with the existing law. PKI quotations can only be made directly with the relevant government agencies. Here, too, the prerequisite is to carry out a comprehensive consultation including an analysis of the requirements in advance. The PKI 1100 Interception Management System can be smoothly integrated into the network infrastructure of the telecommunications provider and controls the monitoring of suspects or services in accordance with the legal requirements. The PKI 1100 system offers connected MCs to establish a controlled connection to the transition nodes of the network operator. The functionality ensures that the monitoring requests sent by the MC are transmitted to the correct transition nodes and in turn the monitored communications are forwarded to the corresponding MCs. PKI 1100 can be connected to a wide variety of telecommunications networks, each system being able to support multiple security agencies at the same time. In the process, a strict separation between the security agencies is ensured. The system is a combination of hardware and software to control all types of monitoring activities from different network types.
The most important functions:
- Interfaces to PSTN, ISDN, GSM, 3G, LTE, VoIP, NGN and IP networks
- Support of several manufacturers for proprietary network elements (X1, X2, X3)
- Support of various telecommunications providers (HI1, HI2, HI3)
- Support of different MCs
- Support of several security agencies
- Strict separation of security agencies
- Meets the ETSI telecommunications monitoring standards
- Control of system usage by central assignment of user rights and roles
- Report and logging function
- The automatic self-check keeps the status information of the connected interfaces up to date
- Voice and data router, which duplicates the monitored traffic from the network to the different MCs
Support of the most different telecommunications networks of multiple security agencies at the same time.
The most important advantages of the PKI 1100 System:
- Real time overview of all markers, connections to the network providers and security agencies
- Each security agency has access to the list of monitored network nodes, the type of supported markers and manufacturer-specific options
- Each security agency can view a list of its monitoring activities, the monitoring period and the list of network elements for which the activity is enabled
- If more than one security agency simultaneously monitors a target, PKI 1100 ensures that each security agency receives a separate copy of the monitored communication content and of the metadata
- If monitored communication content or the metadata cannot be forwarded immediately (if for example the connection between the PKI 1100 Interception Management System and the security agency is temporarily not available), PKI 1100 stores the data in a buffer memory until it can be delivered; however, this is limited to a defined data volume or a certain period
- All commands of PKI 1100 and their results are logged. The logs comprise and save both all actions listed automatically by the system and all user interactions. The logs are only accessible for the PKI 1100 system administrators
- Network environments whose day profiles show high traffic load peaks can be covered by using the load distribution functionality (option)
- The capacity of the PKI 1100 Interception Management System can be easily extended
- As a result of the modular architecture, the PKI 1100 software can be distributed flexibly to the available hardware in order to achieve an optimum processing speed.
|ETSI TS-133108 / 3GPP 33.108|
|Supported HI1/2 and X1/2/3 interfaces|
|Alcatel NTI||Ericsson IMS|
|Supported HI3 interfaces|
|IP (UDP, TCP, RTP)|
PKI Monitoring Centre
Recording, processing, analysis of monitored telecommunications
The PKI Monitoring Centre (MC) is a comprehensive platform to display, filter, save and analyse communication content from various telecommunications networks.
The PKI MC is a comprehensive system including both all necessary hardware and software. The success of the tried and tested solution is based on more than 30 years of experience and the close cooperation with numerous satisfied customers worldwide.
Security agencies and intelligence services use this system to monitor suspects to obtain information about their communication in compliance with the existing law.
The most important advantages and features of the PKI Monitoring Centre:
- Flexible, modular and scalable architecture for connection to different networks, such as PSTN / ISDN, GSM, 3G, LTE, Next-Generation, IP and VoIP networks
- A wide variety of powerful analysis tools enabling comprehensive searches, voice analyses, and site-based investigations
- Powerful decoders extracting content from the recorded Internet traffic, Web 2.0 applications and smartphone apps
- Ergonomically optimised user interface to facilitate evaluation
- Markers can be controlled centrally by a flexible system of rights and roles.
- The MC meets the legal and regulatory requirements through configurable workflows.
PKI Monitoring Centre
A turnkey solution preconfigured and tested for a smooth integration into existing network infrastructures.
|Supports ETSI, 3GPP, CALEA, SORM and a wide variety of national standarts for handover interfaces for circuit-switched telephony and IP data|
|Regularly tested compatibility with the most important network providers|
|Scalable interfaces, processing bandwidth, memory and number of users|
|Open platform supporting future decoders|
|Indexing and processing engines automatically analyze large amounts of unstructured data|
|Highest security standards offer protection against external intrusion and malicious content such as viruses|
The standard configuration of the MC comprises the following units:
- Connection to diverse standardized interfaces of network operators
- Accept communication from different networks
- Convert different input formats into a uniform format Processing and storage
- Processes, controls and saves the monitored communication
- Exports and imports data from/to other systems
Display and evaluation Graphical user interface to analyse monitored communication and to control the MC
Diverse analysis tools are available for the MC. Possible extensions are:
PKI 1100 Information System
The PKI Information System allows for the geographical monitoring of suspects in mobile phone networks and shows the location of the monitored persons and their movements on the map. This makes it easy to evaluate movement profiles and to recognize behavioural patterns of persons.
The scalable search engine module offers a search function which has been developed especially for the current and future requirements of security agencies. It comprises all text information processed by the system.
The voice recognition module can recognize individual speakers as well as spoken language, gender, age group, key words. Moreover, it offers the option to convert language into text.
PKI 1100 Interception Management System
The PKI Interception Management System enables security agencies to control complex network topologies from different manufacturers and network providers. It provides a central provisioning interface to enable or disable monitoring markers directly from the MC.